About Gene's Camera STore
In 1939, Picture Equipment Company was founded in south Bend, IN. The goal of the store was to provide photographic processing and printing, cameras, film, and accessories, all at the same location.
Later that same year, the business was purchased by Eugene Mutzel and renamed Gene's Photo Shop. Gene owned and operated the store for over 40 years, providing high quality photographic services to South Bend and the surrounding area.
In 1981, Gene sold the business to Jack St. Pierre. The name changed one last time to Gene's Camera Store, signaling a change in ownership, but paying tribute to the former owner and founder. Two additional stores were later added to accomodate the growing business.